Monday, May 31, 2010

Beautiful little Reykjavik. No volcano in sight

Pulling into Heimay Island a fishing village


I am standing next to a volcano and lava field that erupted in 1972. My shoes are covered in volcanic ash and it is really cold but a great bus tour of this beautiful little island of Heimay.



Melinda Lee and the Executive Chef of the Seven Seas Voyager on a tour that was especially for our group. He employs 17 chefs and 56 helpers in his kitchen.
Food is OUSTANDING



Melinda Lee and me. She is as sweet as I knew she would be.





Here we are in Torshavan, Denmark. Very interesting and cold!!!
These houses with the grass roofs were built in the 1500's. There's Pat my new friend from Michigan, Florida and Ohio. Yes 3 homes.

Here I am in front of one of these interesting houses in Torshavan. They are still lived in today. Notice the original stone streets. Amazing that they are so well preserved. Torshavan takes good care of their historic town because tourism next to fish exporting is what keeps this island alive.
Here I am in Portree, Isle of Skye. Outstanding beauty. This is our tour guide.

This is Dunvegan Castle on Portree. My first time in a real castle. Was owned by the famous MacCleod family. I saw my first real live dungeon where they dropped in the criminals. Scary and they were under the kitchen so they could smell the good food that they couldn't have. Sounds like maybe what we should do with some of our criminals. :-)


5 comments:

  1. Whew! I did it. Britt, you said it would be so easy. Ya Right! Can't teach an old dogs new tricks. I am going into Belfast now and have some real Irish Food. Hugs everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well you did it!! This looks like such an amazing trip! Have fun in Ireland and have a beer for me in Temple Bar :) - Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will but I think you were in Dublin. This pub tour is in Belfast. I will look for the Temple tho in Dublin. Luv U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some face time with Melinda. Looks like a great time - Enjoy - Love Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I have been able to go on the computers in a while. It is 6:30 June 5th and we just docked in Southampton, England. Going into London and to the airport today for the long flight home so no time for post pictures until I get back. Have had a great time but am anxious to get back to my humble abode and eat normal food. Love you guys. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete